Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Coming Out of the Closet The Morning After

 In this political season, I have purposely not entered the political fray.  I never asked anyone who they were voting for except Bobby.  And I did not and do not care whom you voted for. By the way that is why we  have secret ballots.

I have been disheartened by the hateful words and attitudes of the public, and not just because many of you, unbeknown to you, have indirectly hurled them at me. I am not chastising anyone, as I am convicted by my own attitudes. While I may not have made  public statements, many days, I thought some of you were as stupid as you clearly thought  "my kind" was. Ha!

Here's a few things to remember:

Christians are not united in a certain political party but in JESUS CHRIST.

Families are not born with  a particularly  political ideology and are not genetically programmed to  vote the same.

God was not surprised at the outcome of the election.

 God can  work through through anyone to establish HIS purposes. Even people as flawed and imperfect  as me and you and President Obama

As followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to pray for ALL our leaders and respect the office.

Can we not agree to disagree with grace and love?

20 and said:

“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;

wisdom and power are his.

  21 
He changes times and seasons;
he deposes kings 


and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning."

Daniel 2:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment