Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Give Kirk a break.

Today on TV, I caught some of the hoopla surrounding an interview in which Kirk Cameron was asked a question about gay marriage. Kirk Cameron answered the question truthfully regarding the issue, however, he did not malign anyone nor spew hatefulness. So,I say leave him alone. Two things bother me about this incident: that people who do not share his opinion do not respect his opinion but they want everyone to respect theirs. The second thing is more personal. Would I be bold enough in that situation to speak the truth in love? Jesus tells His followers that the world will hate us. If we have not been ridiculed for our lifestyle, maybe we are not all that different. Maybe we need need to turn up the light.

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words will be given me so I will fearlessly make known the mystery of of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment